Saskatchewan Craft Council markets feature a tremendous selection of beautiful hand-crafted work by Juried craft and visual artists. Saskatchewan Craft Council markets are organized this way to foster an environment where excellence in craft is nurtured, recognized, and valued. The SCC is also committed to aiding Saskatchewan craft artists to flourish creatively and economically. The SCC values education, mentorship, and a supportive community of craft people.
In order to achieve these ends, the SCC runs an Emerging Artist Program, which allows emerging craft artists to participate in SCC markets (WinterGreen Fine Craft Market) in order to experience the market environment first hand and expand their contacts with the Saskatchewan craft community.
The Emerging Artist Market Experience Program gives artists in the first 5 years of their professional career the opportunity to participate in an SCC market for a reduced booth fee, without the need to be juried. There is a selection process; however, the formal jury process is bypassed in order to introduce potential marketing members to SCC markets. Emerging Artist participants must be or become SCC members.
In order to qualify to take part in this initiative one must:
– Be or become an SCC member (Professional, Affiliated, Craftsperson or Student category)
– Have less than 5 years craft market experience
– Be committed to pursuing a career in craft
- There is a booth fee for taking part in the Emerging Artist Market Experience booth (fees range depending on market)
- Booth size is 8 ft x 8 ft
- Participants must be available for set up and take down of the booth, and working at the booth during the market
- Support services, including a workshop on pricing, and booth design, will be made available prior to the market
Emerging Artist Applications are released two months in advance of the market. WinterGreen, a three day holiday market in Regina, is the 3rd weekend in November annually.
For any questions about this program contact:
Alexa Hainsworth, SCC Member Services
306-653-3616 ext. 1